Bringing God’s natural goodness from our hives to your home.
Honey is sweet – and so much more!
HoneyBell’s Bee Farm offers a range of products made with natural Honey, Propolis, Bee Pollen or Bees Wax. We provide a high quality, hand-made product that is crafted locally in North Carolina – from our hives to your home!
More and more people are preferring to use and eat things that are natural. We hear so much about additives, chemicals and GMOs. The only “additives” you will find in a product from HoneyBell’s will be all natural!
- Lotion Bars
- Belly Bars
- Pain Relief Bars
- Propolis Healing Salve
- Lip Balms
- Body Rubs
- Sugar Scrubs
- Organic Raw Honey
Everyone knows that honey tastes sweet, but honey is so good for your skin! Have you heard about Propolis? Propolis is in a category of its own in terms of its healing properties. Honey has 3 other properties you may not know about:
- Honey is a natural moisturizer. In treating wounds, honey helps prevent scarring by keeping the skin moist, encouraging the growth of new skin. Honey keeps skin hydrated by sealing in moisture, leaving it soft.
- Honey is Antibacterial. Researchers began to document the healing properties of honey in the early 1900’s. Cuts, abrasions and burns can be covered in honey to prevent bacteria from entering the wound and promoting healing.
- Honey is a Source of Antioxidants. Honey’s antioxidants are part of the nutrient supply for the growth of new tissue. These properties help protect and rejuvenate skin, as well as treat damaged or dry skin.
Come See Us!
Saturday, March 24th
Friedberg Moravian Church Spring Bazaar
2178 Friedberg Church Road,
Winston-Salem, NC 27127
8am – 2pm
Saturday, April 28th
Southern Charm at Farm Spring Show
4061 Clemmons Rd.
Clemmons, NC 27012
9am – 5pm
E-mail or call us for more information.
Quick Facts About Honey Bees
- A Honey Bee is the only insect that produces a food that humans consume (Honey).
- A Honey Bee’s wings move up to 200 rotations in a second,which creates the famous buzzing sound you hear.
- A Honey Bee will visit 50 to 100 flowers in a days work of gathering pollen and nector.
- The bees in the hive that do all the work are called Worker Bees and they are all females.
- The average life span of a Honey Bee is about 42 days.
- The Drone bees in the hive are all male and they are for reproductive purposes only.
- The Drone Bees (the males)do not have the ability to sting because they were born with out stingers.
And we think our day is busy…. In order to enjoy the sweet taste of honey it takes a lot of Busy Bees. First we have the Nurse Bees they take care of all the little baby bees. Then you have the Attendant Bees they work with the Queen feeding her bathing her and generaly keeping her happy. Keeping the hive safe are the Guard Bees they take turns standing watch over the door or entrance into the hive, not allowing in any intruders. We also have our Construction Worker Bees they are busy creating the wax foundation (which we call the Honey Comb) for the Queen to lay her eggs in. Now on to the the job most of us would not want the Undertakers of the bee hive, they have the unfortunate job of removing any and all deceased bees from the hive. Last but not least we have our Forager Bees, they are the ones that go to and from the hive gathering nectar and pollen. Thing is they have to gather enough to feed the entire colony which at it’s peak could possibly contain up to 60,000 bees at a time. So here at HoneyBell’s we have some really busy Bees!!!